PADI Drift Diver
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
The Fun Part
Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
What You Learn
With drift scuba diving, you may feel like you’re gliding through the water. It’s amazing! During your PADI Drift Diver certification course, you learn about:
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment – floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
Prerequisites: Open Water or Junior Open Water Certification (must be over 12)
Required Equipment: Float N’ Flag + reel for each buddy pair
Call the shop for details on costs, materials and availability
Click here to view our online course and event calendar