PADI TEC 40 DIVER COURSE
The goal of the PADI Tec 40 course is to enable divers to safely have longer in-water exposures and plan the resultant decompression profiles. You’ll use Nitrox as your bottom gas and up to 50% Nitrox as a decompression gas, increasing your available bottom time. The course covers equipment considerations, oxygen tracking, decompression dive planning along with practical experience using different gear configurations and stage cylinders. You will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres/130 feet.
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It’s a great place to start because it’s the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver course and bridges the gap between no-stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. It provides you with an opportunity to gain exposure to tec diving and learn and practice entry level tec diving skills without you having to make the
larger commitment (in terms of equipment, time and cost) for full Tec certification. Then you can continue with the Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses, as you already have the required materials. Specifically, in Tec 40, you’ll cover…
- Technical diving risks and responsibilities
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up
- Gas planning, oxygen limits and decompression planning
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures, such as dealing with free flows, manifold leaks and out of gas situations
To enroll in the Tec 40 course, you must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver with at least 10 dives using enriched air deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- A PADI Deep Diver or show proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres/100 feet
- At least 18 years old and have a minimum of 30 logged dives.
You also need to have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Note: Qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your PADI Tec Deep
Cost: Tec 40 course is $649 + Tec Deep Crew pack (note: The Tec Deep crew pack is used for 3 courses – Tec 40, 45 & 50)
NOTE: Dives may be conducted at a variety of locations that meet the appropriate depth requirements,
including Cedar Hill, Tobermory, Lake Ontario or others. Specific schedule to be determined with course
participants. Charter fees may be required for some dives.
Click here to view our online course and event calendar